Welcome to Get Cornering!
We provide significant expertise in developing the skills of motorcyclists and offer a range of non-formal and certificated courses for all riders with a full motorcycle licence, either Category A or A2. Our courses are fun and you will be treated with respect and courtesy at all times.
Like everything else we do, we are thorough and don't cut corners. We recognise the importance of high quality radio communications with our clients. You can be assured that our kit works and that you will be able to receive clear and unhurried coaching over the radio.
We have a non-smoking environment and hire of a good quality motorcycle is available for all courses. All the courses are fully insured with Public Liability and Professional Indemnity - important factors to consider. There is no doubt that Get Cornering is the place to be for motorcycle rider training, on road cornering skills, advanced motorcycle tests and on road Experience Days! About Us.
Get Cornering! courses include...
- Post-Test Motorcycle Training with bike hire, Refreshers and Back to Biking
- The highly regarded Get Cornering! Experience Days as reviewed by RiDE
- Enhanced Rider Scheme (ERS) assessments for the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency post-test rider training programme
- The UK's professional 5 day DIAmond advanced motorcycle course with an advanced test on day 5
- The Get Cornering! Masterclass - to take part; you will be required to take the Get Cornering! Masterclass assessment ride to be accepted on to this course. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years on road experience, you may have passed an advanced motorcycle test, you may be an observer, you may have done some track days, you want to be an even better rider
Other great Get Cornering! courses...
- Personal coaching of advanced motorcycle skills for all riders
- Specialist tuition of motorcycle cornering techniques, the Get Cornering! way
- Advanced motorcycle training to pass any of the UK's advanced tests
- Examination for the DIAmond Standard Advanced Motorcycle test
- Examination for the Special Advanced Motorcycle test
- Instructor courses for CBT, DAS and the Register of Post-Test Motorcycle Trainers
Where are we?
Get Cornering! is based in Portishead, Bristol and covers the Cotswolds areas, the Mendips in Somerset, the Wye Valley, along with riding some of the great biking roads in Dorset and Devon. Staying for a night or two in the area whilst you have your course is a delight. Nearby is the very attractive Portishead marina with bars and restaurants, and a few minutes walk from the marina is a Travelodge and a Premier Inn.
We are a BikeSafe Partner and Get Cornering! partners with regional motorcycle dealerships including Fowler's Motorcycles of Bristol, BMW Bristol Motorrad at Dick Lovett, Thunder Road Motorcycles in Gloucester, and many others.
Pass your big bike test and get a full motorcycle licence
Do you want to ride out of the test centre and take to the roads with surefooted skills? If you just want to pass your test there are cheaper ways of doing it than using us, and there are plenty of motorcycle training schools that provide regular Direct Access courses. If you want to acquire solid skills, then we provide very high quality tuition specifically matched to your abilities.
Your course will mirror your progression and take you far away from the one size fits all approach. To achieve this we provide one course only, taken over 7 days. We also believe strongly in transparency: the course price includes test fees of £90.50, bike hire of £245 and tuition fees of £1,164.50 bringing the total amount to £1,500.
Your tuition can be on a 1-1 only basis and in any case every rider will receive no less than 40 hours. The hourly rate for your tuition works out at approximately £29. About a week before your course starts you will meet Paul to talk through the plan for your course, your aspirations, along with answering any questions you may have.
Enhance Your Motorcycle Cornering Skills with Get Cornering!
Motorcycle Experience Days and advanced motorcycle training from Get Cornering! are great days out, zipping and nipping around beautiful countryside in radio contact with your coach. It is the best way to enhance your riding skills and is available to all riders with a full motorcycle licence. Choose to join in a group or have specialist 1 to 1 coaching. A fountain of new knowledge and skills awaits you!
Get Cornering! – Services & Prices and Upcoming Course Dates >>
“Amazing day Paul. We had a great time and your style of tuition made us feel like friends.” Steve Breakwell, Honda CB 900
“I passed my IAM test some time ago but this day is on a different level.” Andrew Boulton, Honda CBF1000