Welcome to Get Cornering! We provide significant expertise in motorcycle rider development. Your motorcycle riding coach, Paul Dickinson, has approximately 30,000 hours of on-road observing, coaching and training experience. He is a qualified advanced motorcycle instructor and examiner as well as being a qualified CBT and Direct Access instructor. He has substantial experience in assessing and developing riders' skills and is the incoming Chief Motorcycling Examiner for the DIA, the UK's largest and most respected association for professional instructors, with a membership of 12,000. About Us.
There is no doubt that this is the place to be for advanced motorcycle cornering, training and on road Experience Days. All the courses are fully insured with Public Liability and Professional Indemnity - important factors to consider. No matter what your experience, we provide professional coaching and have a lot to offer you. Some testimonials are on the website and you can see the guidance published by Paul for The differences between Observing, Training and Coaching explained.
Are the Get Cornering! courses expensive? Well, ask yourself this. Are you spending more on your bike or your equipment than on yourself? The questions really should be; was your bike expensive? Is the rest of your equipment expensive? Do you pay for servicing and maintenance? How much is your safety equipment, or any extras on your bike, or your tyres, or your helmet? How much is oil and fuel? Do you think that you could learn more?
We can’t measure the value of our courses to you. Only you will be able to do that. What we can say is that we will develop your skills to a higher level to reduce your risks and increase your enjoyment on the roads. Risks, versus prices for skills, are not factors to be dwelling upon. Improving the quality of the rider on a Get Cornering! course improves the effect of the kit. However, it doesn't work the other way around and improving the quality of the kit, doesn't improve the effect of the rider. Prices.
We are a BikeSafe Partner and Get Cornering! partners with many of the regional motorcycle dealerships including Fowler's Motorcycles of Bristol, BMW Bristol Motorrad at Dick Lovett, and many others. To see the names of our participating partners, go here.
Get Cornering! is based in Portishead, Bristol and covers the Cotswolds areas, the Mendips in Somerset, the Wye Valley, along with riding some of the great biking roads in Dorset and Devon. Staying for a night or two in the area whilst you have your course is a delight. Nearby is the very attractive Portishead marina with bars and restaurants, and a few minutes walk from the marina is a Travelodge and a Premier Inn.
The Get Cornering! courses we provide include...
- The highly regarded Get Cornering! Experience Days as reviewed by RiDE
- Enhanced Rider Scheme (ERS) assessments for the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency post-test rider training programme
- The UK's professional 5 day DIAmond advanced motorcycle course with an advanced test on day 5
- The Get Cornering! Masterclass - to take part; you will be required to take the Get Cornering! Masterclass assessment ride to be accepted on to this course. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years on road experience, you may have passed an advanced motorcycle test, you may be an observer, you may have done some track days, you want to be an even better rider
Other great Get Cornering! courses...
- Personal coaching of advanced motorcycle skills for all riders
- Specialist tuition of motorcycle cornering techniques, the Get Cornering! way
- Advanced motorcycle training to pass any of the UK's advanced tests
- Examination for the DIAmond Standard Advanced Motorcycle test
- Examination for the Special Advanced Motorcycle test
- Instructor courses for CBT, DAS and the Register of Post-Test Motorcycle Trainers
Enhance Your Motorcycle Cornering Skills with Get Cornering!
Motorcycle Experience Days and advanced motorcycle training from Get Cornering! are great days out, zipping and nipping around beautiful countryside in radio contact with your coach. It is the best way to enhance your riding skills and is available to all riders with a full motorcycle licence. Choose to join in a group or have specialist 1 to 1 coaching. A fountain of new knowledge and skills awaits you!
Get Cornering! – Services & Prices and Upcoming Course Dates >>
“Amazing day Paul. We had a great time and your style of tuition made us feel like friends.” Steve Breakwell, Honda CB 900
“I passed my IAM test some time ago but this day is on a different level.” Andrew Boulton, Honda CBF1000